Date(s) - 07/22/2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
CSW Network Campus
STEM-Rich Making And NGSS For The Science-Based Makerspace Program
Learn how to build an engaging STEM program for your school, classroom, after school program,
library or informal program that is aligned to three-dimensional learning of California Next
Generation Science Standards. Sponsored by the Community Science Workshop Network and
Explore the progression of the crosscutting concept of Energy and Matter using
‘STEM-Rich Making projects.
- Understand concepts of Energy Transfer through physical and natural systems.
- Design and build examples of ‘making’ type projects aligned to California NGSS.
- Explore ‘informal science and engineering’ in the context of STEM as a social justice methodology.
- Learn key English Learner strategies successful in a science-based makerspace.
- Tinker with circuits and then design and build a prototype machines and bots.
- Understand Science vs. Engineering practices.