STEM-Rich Making And NGSS For The Science-Based Makerspace Program
Learn how to build an engaging STEM program for your school, classroom, after school program, library or informal program that is aligned to three-dimensional learning of California Next Generation Science Standards. Sponsored by the Community Science Workshop Network and SAM Academy.
- Explore the progression of the crosscutting concept of Energy and Matter using STEM-Rich Making projects.
- Understand concepts of Energy Transfer through physical and natural systems.
- Design and build examples of ‘making’ type projects aligned to California NGSS.
- Explore ‘informal science and engineering’ in the context of STEM as a social justice methodology.
- Learn key English Learner strategies successful in a science-based makerspace.
- Tinker with circuits and then design and build a prototype machines and bots.
- Understand Science vs. Engineering practices.
- CSW = Community Science Workshop = STEM Success!
2-Day Workshop July 6 & 7, 2017
1-Day Workshops July 15 or 22 8:30 am to 4:00 pm each day
CSW Network Campus
750 N St Sanger Ca 93657
• Registration: $298 per person for 2-Day $149 per person for 1-Day
*10% off for CSW Network Members
• University Credit Option (2-Day Course)
• Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
*For more info about these workshops or on becoming a member of the CSW Network email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org